The Golden Eagle’s Safety Nest/Resources for Students
Resources/Services for Students
WCCC has resources available for current students in need of food due to unforeseen circumstances which seriously impact learning. This program offers food insecure students store gift cards and WCCC cafe vouchers. Please see:
Lisa Stoll (email@example.com) in the Library for gift cards
Jeremy Beeler (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Student Services for cafe vouchers
- A current WCCC ID is required for any transaction.
- This program is only available to current WCCC students when semesters are in session.
- Students are eligible to receive one card per month and one voucher per week.
All resources available to students are through donations and fundraising; all help is welcome and appreciated!
For more information and to check out the program, please visit and follow our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/WCCCGESN/
For more information about food insecurity on college campuses, please visit this article: Students Without Food
To see a list provided by the county of local food pantries and their hours, contact information, and restrictions, please see this site: http://www.co.warren.nj.us/humanservices/food_pantries.html
All hotlines are confidential and available 24 hours a day.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673
- Mental Health Crisis Hotline (Warren County): 908-454-5141
- Alcohol (Ala-call): 1-800-322-5525
- NJ Addiction Services Hotline: 1-844-276-2777
- REACH NJ (addiction services): 1-844-732-2465
- AIDs: 1-800-624-2377
Self-Help Groups with Local Chapters
- NJ Self-Help Clearinghouse: 1-800-367-6274
- Adult Children of Alcoholics: 973-744-8686
- Alcoholics Anonymous: 908-668-1882
- Al-Anon Family Group and Aleteen: 973-744-8686
- Cocaine Abuse: 1-800-262-2463
- CO-DA (Codependents): 908-689-8952
- Narcotics Anonymous: 1-800-992-0401
- Gamblers Anonymous: 1-800-425-4837
- Nicotine: 1-516-665-0527
- Nar-Anon Family Group: 1-800-322-5525
- Heroin Hotline: 1-855-652-3737
The following are resources available in and around Warren County.
Mental Health Resources
To find a mental health professional in your area, use Psychology Today‘s “Find a Therapist, Psychologist, Counselor” and enter your zip code.
Substance Abuse Resources
- Community Prevention Resources: 908-835-1800
- Dedicated to building a safe, healthy, drug-free Warren County.
- Family Guidance Center: 908-689-1000
- Freedom House: 908-537-6043
- Provides a full spectrum of addiction services to adult men and women suffering from substance use and co-occurring disorders.
- New Hope Integrated Behavioral Health: 732-946-3030
- Dedicated to the treatment of adults and adolescents affected with alcohol, drug, gambling and other co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Turning Point: 973-239-9400
- Turning Point is a New Jersey drug and alcohol addiction treatment center that helps more than 3,000 people every year
- Hackettstown Medical Center, Counseling & Addiction Center: 908-441-1558
- The Counseling and Addiction Center offers outpatient care to those affected by addiction, five minutes from Hackettstown Medical Center.
- Kwenyan and Associates: 908-777-3754
- They provide counseling services for both mental health and substance use disorders, as well as transportation if needed.
- CARES – Center for Addiction Recovery Education & Success – Warren County: 908-835-1800
- The Center for Addiction Recovery, Education & Success works to engage and organize the recovery community by helping individuals find, maintain, and enhance their recovery experience through peer support, educational and volunteer opportunities and sober recreation, as well as working to reduce stigma associated with substance abuse through advocacy, education and service.
- Parent to Parent, Inc.
- Education, support, advocacy for families/community at large and assistance in finding detox, treatment and aftercare for those struggling with substance abuse. They meet the first Monday of the month at 6:30 pm at the First Presbyterian Church in Washington, NJ. Email them at email@example.com. Call Debi at 908-619-9252 or Helen at 908-391-4159.