Horse Care Management
The interwoven relationship between horses and humans is over 3,500 years old, when horses were first domesticated in central Asia. Horses have come to play a significant role as a partner to humans in recreational, competitive, and therapeutic settings. Whether you are a rider, breeder, interested in horse industry career, or just love horses, having a fundamental knowledge of horse care skills is essential to making the most of this unique partnership. The Horse Care Management course provides a broad overview of foundational horse care topics such as selection guidelines, stable management practices, hoof and foot care, principles of exercise and conditioning, equine nutrition and herd health management, and horse breeding.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- This course is preferred with the latest versions of Windows and Mac OS. Although the versions listed below are compatible, it’s strongly recommended to have the latest operating system for an optimal experience.
- PC: Windows 7 or later operating systems
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later
- Browser: The latest version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari (Google Chrome is preferred).
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download
- All applications listed above must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional material requirements:
- The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment: Pattengale, Paula. Tasks for the Veterinary Assistant
There are no prerequisites to take this course.